Facebook used to have a limit on the amount of “likes” you had to have on your business page before you could change the username or customize the URL. The limitations have been lifted and now you can change the username or custom URL to your Facebook business page whenever you are ready.
If you would like to change the username / customize the URL for your Facebook business page just follow the simple steps below.
- Go to http://facebook.com/username
- Select the Facebook business page you want to change. In my case I have several different pages I manage. You will see a dropdown list of pages you can change just select the one you want.
- Once you have selected the Facebook page you want to change you will see the screen below
- Type in the username you want to use in the field shown in the image below. Try to stay consistent with your brand name. In this case the client’s name is Leon Kittrell so we want to use this same name for my clients business page.
- After you have selected the your username Facebook will let you know that your name is available .
- When you are done you will see the “Success” Window with your new custom Facebook URL.
Now you are all done. If you have any questions or would like other help with your Facebook Personal or Business pages just shoot me an email or comment below.Aries – Graphic Design & Internet Marketing / AriesGDIM Tami Highbaugh-Abdullah Creative Marketing Director 317.345.4182 Tami@ariesgdim.com AriesGDIM.com / AriesGraphicDesign.com @ariesgdim – Twitter Google+ AriesGDIM
© 2011 – 2012, AriesGDIM / Tami Highbaugh-Abdullah. All rights reserved. Copying and reblogging (reposting) this blog or the use of the blog post images are NOT permitted without direct permission of AriesGDIM..